Podcast Episode 111: Five Songs From Decca Records
|May 12, 2016|
In this episode, I have five songs for you that were released on Decca Records in the 1930s and 1940s. The songs are "Swing That Music" by Louis Armstrong, "Ain't Gonna Give It Away" by Barrel House Annie, "My Lord's Gonna Move This Wicked Race" by Sister Rosetta Tharpe with The Dependable Boys and the Sam Price Trio, "Cow Cow Boogie" by Ella Fitzgerald and the Ink Spots, and "Off to the Hunt/The Butcher's March" by John and Joe Fahey.
- Swing That Music by Louis Armstrong
- A collection of Louis Armstrong songs from archive.org
- A blog post about "Swing That Music"
- Some information on Horace Gerlach
- Ain't Gonna Give It Away by Barrel House Annie
- My Lord's Gonna Move This Wicked Race by Sister Rosetta Tharpe with The Dependable Boys and Sam Price Trio
- A performance of "This Train" on YouTube
- A video of "Didn't It Rain"
- PBS show about Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- An article in The Guardian about Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- Cow-Cow Boogie by Ella Fitzgerald and The Ink Spots
- Off To The Hunt, The Butcher's March by John and Joe Fahey