Podcast Episode 80: Anthems But Not Nations
|May 28, 2014|
National anthems can actually be cool musical works, as I've discovered. However, it can take a lot of sorting to find the good ones. In this episode, we aren't going to hear actual national anthems. We'll hear anthems from micronations, an autonomous region, and a couple republics. I hope you enjoy them! The songs are "Homeland" from the Republic of Jamtland by Blackbird, "Home Is Where I Hang My Towel" from the Aerican Empire by Mike Cutler, "Els Segadors" from Catalonia in Spain, the National Anthem of Ingushetia, and "I am a Tuvan" from the Republic of Tuva.
- Homeland by Blackbird, anthem of the Republic of Jamtland
- Home Is Where I Hang My Towel performed by Mike Cutler, anthem of the Aerican Empire
- Els Segadors, anthem of Catalonia
- National Anthem of Ingushetia
- More information about the anthem on Wikipedia
- More information about Ingushetia on Wikipedia
- As for an alternative version of the song, it seems that I was wrong about that. Woops!
- Mеn - Tyva Mеn/I am a Tuvan, anthem of the Republic of Tuva